Want to better support people living with severe mental illness?
Bridging the gap between theoretical principles and practical applications is easy when learning from someone educated as a rehabilitation counselor who lived for more than a decade with acute symptoms of schizoaffective disorder bipolar type.
Learning from a person living successfully in recovery, allows participants to catch the vision that recovery is not only possible, with proper supports, it’s probable.
Sarah’s presented nearly one hundred dynamic and captivating guest lectures at 12 universities in the United States for a variety of disciplinary university programs.
Interdisciplinary university programs include Grand Rounds for the post-doctoral psychiatry fellows, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation counseling, marriage and family therapy, social work, clinical PsyD, and public mental health programs.
The following is a partial list of lecture titles:
- Practical applications of the Recovery Model
- Cultural Competency: Mental Illness
- Schizoaffective Disorder: Diagnosis, Prognosis & Recovery
- Successful employment placement for people living with mental illness
- Peer Support Specialists: Providing collaborative mental health services
- Assisting Clients Create an Effective Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Academic Accommodations For People With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Implications of Severe Mental Illness and Recovery on a Family Unit
- Becoming Fluent In Recovery Language
Workshops include practical applications, evidence-based practices, handouts, and her personal experiences both as a professional and peer.
Feedback from a professor at San Diego State University:
“I have invited Ms. Hancock guest lecturer in my ARP 740: Advanced Seminar in Psychiatric Rehabilitation. She is a skilled and engaging presenter who knows how to pace a class and encourage participation. She makes mature decisions about readings and creates engaging presentation materials.” -Marjorie F. Olney, PhD, CRC, Professor at San Diego State University (San Diego, CA)
You can access a few of my training at the following locations:
My YouTube Chanel
San Diego State University’s Interwork Institute: Training Webinars for rehabilitation Counseling Students and Alumni (You must download the Blackboard Collaborate to view video)
Alliant International University
SPHancock @ psychrecoveryandrehab (dot) com